I’m so excited to share this fun, easy and delicious pizza recipe your entire family can make and enjoy!
What’s unique about this recipe is that I’ve used a couple of non-traditional ingredients that really give it a healthy spin.
The first key component to this super healthy pizza is: raw cheese. In this recipe I’ve used raw goat’s milk cheese and raw mozzarella. Because unlike pasteurized cheese, raw cheese doesn’t cause inflammation and leaky gut syndrome (both of which can activate your fat programs).
The other component and main star of this recipe is the crust, I’ve worked so hard to get this crust just right. This Gabriel Method friendly crust is totally grain free and gluten free. It’s made of cauliflower, onions, egg yolks, psyllium husk and a bit of salt.
Why is it so important that there are no grains in this crust?
Well, as we know grains can cause inflammation in your stomach which can also cause a leaky gut. Both of which activate your fat programs, increase your toxic load, elevate your insulin levels (the fat making hormone) and over work your immune system. Eventually you’ll develop a resistance to insulin where you’ll completely lose the ability to burn fat, which happens to many of us from living in this modern day world with modern day stressors and processed foods.
The other items I used to perfect my crust are just as important: I use cauliflower, onion and egg yolks instead of egg whites. I like to use egg yolks because they are a more complete protein and have a very healthy fat. Egg whites contain a set of proteins known as albumin that can cause digestive problems. I also like to combine the egg yolks with organic psyllium husk (a true form of fiber that’s good for you), because it binds really well and it gives you a crust that holds its own.
Once you’ve got your crust all set, make sure you choose an organic pizza sauce that doesn’t contain any added sugars or artificial flavors. Or make your own pizza sauce from scratch using fresh organic tomatoes!
For your pizza toppings, you can use any combination of ingredients! Be creative and use as many healthy and tasty vegetables as you like. As you’ll see in my video, I’ve thrown in fresh organic tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, sweet peppers, and avocado. Then I sprinkled some raw goat’s cheese and mozzarella and topped it off with a little bit of brewer’s yeast. Brewer’s yeast is very high in B vitamins and it’s got a nice cheesy taste but you don’t have to put that in your pizza.
All of these toppings are optional, the real beauty of this pizza is the crust and the the raw cheese. When you combine these things and use real live foods you can turn any meal into a super delicious and super nutritious experience. It’s a great way to get the whole family engaged in making healthy and beautiful nourishing food.
- 1. Preheat oven to a high heat, 280 degrees C/ 410 degrees F
- 2. In a food processor, blend the cauliflower and onion until it is a fine powder.
- 3. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and combine egg yolks, salt and psyllium husks with cauliflower and onion.
- 4. Add two tablespoons of clarified butter or ghee, which helps combine the ingredients and mix well.
- 5. Spread evenly out onto the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown and then take it out and flip it over, cooking again for another 5 minutes
- 6. Take it out of the oven, spread organic pasta sauce on the base before adding your healthy vegetable toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, capsicum, avocado, raw goats cheese and mozzarella and brewers yeast.
- 7. You can add other veggies into the crust for kids ie: mushrooms or broccoli
- 8. Kids and adults will love this simply, healthy and delicious pizza – enjoy
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe, try making your very own version and let me know how it goes. Please join the conversation by commenting below.