Flush The Toxins Away With This
Detox Veggie Broth
[jwplayer player=”32″ file=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnfWzpHnMA” image=”https://www.thegabrielmethod.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/dtx-veggie-broth.jpg” autostart=”yes”]
ABOUT THIS VIDEO: Vegetable broth is a staple of a detox. It’s a great way to get nutrients, hydrate yourself and get electrolytes. It stores for days. You’ll need: green leafy vegetables, some starchy root vegetables, onions and garlic.
Flush The Toxins Veggie Broth
Download Recipe >>
5 hours (4.5 Hours of Simmer)
1 Large Pot,
Knife, Cutting Board,
1 Large Onion
2 Sweet Potatoes
2 Medium Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Bunch of Silver Beet
1 Large Bunch of Kale and/or Spinach
Assortment of Fresh Herbs - To your taste
- Fill the bottom of a large pot with onions, garlic. Add just enough water to cover the garlic and onions and boil for 10 – 15 minutes. (Do not add any oil to the pot.)
- Chop up all your vegetables. You can also use any other green leafy vegetables that are in season.
*Note: Do not use potatoes.
- Fill the pot approximately 1/3 full with chopped vegetables.
- Fill the pot approximately ½ full with water. Bring to a simmer – do not boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 4-6 hours, adding water every hour or so to keep the water level between ½-3/4 full. A great way to do this without having to watch it close for the full simmer time, is to use a crock pot.
- Strain broth and serve with your choice of healthy salt, like himalayan salt crystals, turmeric, cayenne pepper and ginger.
- Store the remainder in a glass container in the refrigerator. Heat, serve, and enjoy whenever you want broth.